Reading Borough Council are seeking a maternity cover Culture Development Officer to work closely with the Reading Great Place Management Team, to develop and deliver an innovative cultural offer for the town’s community as set out in our Reading Great Place Scheme plan. This is an exciting opportunity to work on one of only 16 schemes across the country, which is a new joint funding initiative by Heritage Lottery Fund, Arts Council England and Historic England.
The aim of the Scheme is to put arts, culture and heritage at the heart of the local vision for 16 places across England, making a step change in the contribution of culture in those areas and embedding them in the places’ plans for the future.
The role will involve supporting the established Cultural Commissioning programme to deliver social benefit and well-being outcomes. It will also involve working with the cultural sector to develop and deliver ‘place making’ art and heritage events and supporting the Cultural Partnership and the development of the sector.
- To be successful in this post you will be required to support completion of documentation required for the funding bodies, Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF), Arts Council England (ACE) and Historic England (HE), and participate in programme-level evaluation, both locally and nationally.
- You will take responsibility for monitoring the cultural commissioning programme and work with partners to market and advertise activities/events for the Reading Great Place Scheme.
- You will work closely with internal and external partners to strengthen partnership working for cultural activities and where necessary establish new partnerships.
- You will need to demonstrate experience of developing and delivering cultural programmes involving a wide range of audiences, partnership working, and an understanding of cultural commissioning, project evaluation and reporting.
- You will also need to be able to think and work creatively, independently and as part of a team. Good organisational, administration and report writing skills are also required. In addition good communication and negotiation skills will be key to success.
We offer flexible working as an option. Occasional evening and weekend working may be required. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. Interview date: week commencing 26 November 2018.
A job description, person specification and application information is available on the council website: https://reabcli.webitrent.com/reabcli_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=6158835BRT&WVID=4412790DAu.