As our Community Fundraiser, you’ll raise awareness and funds for Berkshire Vision, developing key community group relationships and plan and organise key events throughout Berkshire and develop relationships with businesses and local partners to increase revenue. This is a grass roots fundraising role, developing and encouraging support in the local community and recruiting, training and managing fundraising volunteers.
- Develop and deliver community-focused fundraising events to increase the charity’s profile and donations.
- Research, approach and develop relationships with key groups in Berkshire from Probus, Rotaries, Golf Clubs, Universities etc and local businesses and private donors;
- Engage with local media and press to develop PR opportunities on Radio and social media
- Organise and attend fundraising events/supermarket collections;
- Create a key database of Groups/Businesses and local Associations for fundraising contacts;
- Raise Berkshire Vision’s profile in the larger community.
- Experience of formal fundraising
- Trained in manual handling and first aid.
- Competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Photoshop)
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to liaise with third parties.
- Full driving licence with regular access to a car (business-use insurance required).
Ideally you will have:
- Previously worked within the visual impairment field.
- Project management experience
- Experience of working within the charity sector.
Request an application form from michaela.hayward@