Red Balloon – Reading provides a blended academic and therapeutic education to severely bullied and traumatised young people. The overall objectives of this role are to:
- Prepare and distribute agendas.
- Keep attendance records of Trustees and to advise on appropriate action for absences.
- Advise the Trustees on Trustee legislation and procedural matters where necessary.
- Take notes of Trustee meetings in order to produce comprehensive and effective minutes, reflecting discussion and recording all decisions accurately and objectively with timescales for agreed actions.
- Maintain an archived record of signed Trustee meeting minutes, ensuring that copies are available for inspection.
- Keep abreast of legislation affecting school Trustee and current educational developments.
- Communicate relevant information to all Trustees as required.
- Act as Chair of Trustees for that part of the meeting when a new Chair is being elected.
- Maintain records of Trustee membership and constitution details.
- Maintain all records and documentation relevant to school Trustee business, including standing orders, statutory policies, committee membership details and terms of reference.
- Ensure that a register of business interests is maintained (legal requirement) and updated annually.
- Provide Administrator with information to perform all pre-appointment checks on new and re-appointed Trustees.
Address Line 1
220 Kings Road
£10 p/h (100 hours)
Christina Peper, Deputy Head (Pastoral)
Main contact telephone
0118 958 3004
How to apply
- Please note CVs alone will not be accepted for this post.
- To receive an application pack and form please contact us using the details provided.
Open for applications from
27 July 2020
Closing date for applications
28 August 2020
Will my application be acknowledged?
We regret that we will only be able to acknowledge applications from shortlisted candidates