The Lead Children and Young People’s Counsellor will maintain a small caseload and will lead, manage, supervise and inspire a team of Counsellors and counselling volunteers. The post holder will work with children and young people from the age of 4 to 18 years, delivering age and developmentally appropriate therapy and counselling for children and young people who have experienced sexual abuse or assault.
Requirements for this role:
- A recognised qualification appropriate for the post, to at least diploma level, and membership of appropriate professional body.
- Experience of providing age and developmentally appropriate therapy and counselling for children and young people.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults practice.
- Experience of providing supervision for counsellors working with children.
- Ability to present material on therapeutic work to groups of children and young people and also to support children and young people in one-to-one sessions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to write appropriate reports for client case studies.
- An ability to work professionally and confidently under pressure while establishing and maintaining supportive relationships with clients.
- The ability to empower young people to work towards identifying and achieving their goals.
Please send your CV to us with an email address so we can send you the application form for the post.