A leadership role in developing the capabilities of a well-respected local charity in our mission to provide accommodation, support and mentoring for young people leaving care or who are homeless.
Young People and Children First is at a key stage in its development as we enable our founders to retire from full-time involvement while maintaining standards and realising our plan for the next three years.
The CEO will lead a team of seven staff plus volunteers in the task of helping our young people grow towards independent living. We do this by providing individually-tailored support plans which help the residents build life skills and realise work and learning opportunities.
The charity currently provides homes for up to seven 16 to 25 year olds in our two houses. We have announced plans to find a third house as part of our development plan.
The CEO will be responsible for:
- implementing our business plan
- ensuring we employ appropriately qualified and experienced staff and volunteers
- preparing and managing budgets
- bidding for charitable grants
- ensuring the relevance and implementation of the charity’s policies and procedures
- developing and implementing a volunteer recruitment policy
- ensuring the maintenance of our houses.