Purpose of the job
- Co-ordinating a pilot programme to address child on parent violence in Reading
- Support the Director with developing strategic local partnerships and liaising with partner and referral organisations.
- Manage the delivery of a pilot programme of Building Respectful Families in Reading, facilitating and observing where required
- Supervise, recruit and train facilitators, observers, and a creative team to deliver the Building Respectful Families Programme
- Manage referrals and undertake assessments in partnership with the referring agency
Collect, analyse and report on data and information in line with monitoring and evaluation
- Develop a model for 1:2:1 intervention work in line with the Building Respectful Families Programme Model alongside the Oxfordshire BRF Coordinator
- Develop collaborative working arrangements with relevant partner organisations in Reading in order to bolster the delivery of an effective programme
- Support the Director to raise additional funds to extend and enhance the delivery of the programme. Provide out of hours support to the Facilitator/Observers/Creative Team regarding safeguarding issues through on-call management.
- Provide training, information and presentations to professionals and others about Child on Parent Violence and interventions
- Work alongside the Director to develop effective consultation with and participation of families and/or young people in the planning, creation and delivery of the service
- Undertake and deliver training as appropriate
- Carry out all duties in accordance with relevant SAFE! procedures and guidance, including in relation to Safeguarding Children, Data Protection, Health & Safety and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Educational achievements, qualifications and training
- Professional Training in Domestic Violence, Social Work, Criminal Justice, teaching or similar
- Training in Domestic Violence Issues.
- Training in Restorative Justice
- Training in Protective Behaviours
- Training in Children’s Rights
- Training in Effective Practice.
- Experience of work with victims of domestic and/or perpetrators of domestic violence
- Experience of working with challenging groups
- Experience of working with families and/or young people
- Experience of inter-agency partnership working.
- Experience of recruitment, training and supervision
- Experience of group work and service user participation.
Job-related aptitude and skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to collect, analyse and report on data
- Ability to write to a high standard and keep up to date records
- Ability to provide regular feedback and evaluation data
- Ability to work independently to given tasks, meeting deadlines within timescales
- Understanding of and ability to work sensitively.
- Skills in effective supervision.
- Understanding of and ability to apply restorative justice principles in practice.
- Original ideas and creative approach
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to work in partnership with a range of different agencies
- Commitment to high standards of professionalism
- Ability to work with a diverse client group
- Self-motivation and enthusiastic approach to work
- Ability to cope with rapid change and pressure of changing and developing systems.
Understanding and knowledge
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Understanding and commitment to children’s rights.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding structures and processes
- Knowledge of range of effective interventions with families and/or young people.
- Satisfactory DBS / Criminal Records Bureau disclosure
- Able to travel across region to carry out duties in this role, attending meetings quickly and at short notice.
- Full driving licence
- Able to work unsociable hours.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to anti-discriminatory practice.
To apply, please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com, along with a cover letter detailing your interest in the role and how you meet the requirements detailed in the Person Specification.