Autism Berkshire has a job vacancy for a part-time Benefits Service Caseworker to assist our Benefits Service Manager Kevin Jackson and work with autistic people and their families to help them access welfare benefits.
- The role will involve delivering one-to-one advice and benefits workshops, handling telephone enquiries, administration and the scheduling of appointments, workshops, benefit assessments and appeal hearings.
- The role is based at our office in Reading town centre but the successful applicant will be expected to help provide benefits advice at outreach sessions in Slough on occasion.
- The job is suitable for volunteers who have experience of providing welfare advice and are looking for a paid role.
- Knowledge of the benefits system and of autism is essential. Further training will be provided as necesary.
- Previous experience in the charity sector would be helpful.
- This post is offered on an 18 hours per week contract basis at a rate of £11.54 per hour, initially, until 31 March 2020, with an expected extension, subject to funding.
We encourage informal visits to our office, prior to application, to discuss the role. If interested in taking up this offer, please contact our CEO, Jane Stanford-Beale.
For a job description, person specification and application form, visit the Autism Berkshire website. All applications must be received at our office by noon on Friday, 27 September, 2019. Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Autism Berkshire, 40 Caversham Road, Reading, RG1 7EB.