The Advocacy Services Manager is a key position in supporting Healthwatch Reading to deliver two local advocacy services. We are seeking someone who is passionate about ensuring local voices are heard, especially those of the most vulnerable in our community, by working with and supporting our team of advocates to deliver advocacy services. This post is time-limited until 1 December 2017, with potential for further extension and development dependent on future funding arrangements.
The post holder will be a qualified advocate up to or willing to work towards to a level 3 qualification and have relevant experience in information, advice and guidance, particularly with diverse groups and communities and socially excluded families and individuals. It is essential that applicants have good IT, organisational and communication skills and have an interest in or experience of working with health and social care services.
The main duties of this role will include:
- delivering the NHS Complaints and Care Act Advocacy service
- supporting, advising and advocating on behalf of individuals
- compiling reports on the performance of the services
- attending key meetings and presenting the findings and learning from advocacy work and local people’s experiences
- developing good working relationships with service providers.
To apply please request a job pack by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be expected to provide a CV and covering letter (of no more than two sides of A4) demonstrating how their experience, skills and motivations meet the role profile.