Royal Voluntary Service is a national charity built on built on 80 years of local volunteering. We have over 20,000 volunteers that give support to people who need it in our communities and hospitals. We are now looking for talented, passionate people with the right skills and experience to work with us to deliver our mission – to keep people happy, healthy and connected in our communities and hospitals.
As an Activity Coordinator, you will support the delivery of our client’s First Time for Everything programme in the Reading and Basingstoke area. The First Time for Everything programme aims to give older people the chance to try something new, exciting and innovative in their own communities. Activities could include anything from exercise classes and camera skills lessons to yoga, dance sessions or even paddle boarding!
In this busy role, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and delivering a local area plan
- Building relationships with volunteers, local groups and organisations
- Ensuring that all activities are delivered in a safe and compliant manner
- Supporting existing community development and engagement work in the community
- Managing the local delivery budget and expenditure
The is a contract position for 20 hours/week, until 31 December 2019.
To apply please visit the RVS website.