Multi-agency training for those who work directly with service users across Reading in the local authority, health services, education, police, probation, drug and alcohol services and the voluntary and independent sector.
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to work directly with victims of domestic abuse. Delegates should have attended the Reading Borough Council course ‘Domestic abuse awareness (level 1)’ or have an equivalent level of knowledge and awareness.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- gain confidence in supporting disclosures and referral routes
- gain knowledge of the legal framework
- understand agency responses and information sharing
- discuss developing early intervention tools
- have awareness of the sensitivity of issues of domestic abuse
- know how to deal with disclosures – asking the right questions and routine screening
- understand the ‘one chance to save a life’ rule
- have discussed the concept of ‘why doesn’t s/he just leave?’
- have the opportunity to discuss the opportunities and challenges of multi-agency working
- gain awareness of working with perpetrators of domestic abuse
This training will be delivered by Berkshire Women’s Aid. It is free to attend, but please submit an application form.