The West of Berkshire Joint Adults’ and Children’s Safeguarding Conference is for practitioners from adults’ and children’s services within the statutory, private and voluntary sector; anyone working or volunteering with adults at risk, children, young people and their families in the Reading, West Berkshire and Wokingham areas.
The focus of this year’s conference is Mental Health and topics will include:
- Mental Health versus Mental Illness
- Impact of mental illness on individuals, family, carers, children
- Support services and referral routes
- Mental Capacity Act and Transitions (particular focus on 16/17 year olds)
- Self-Harm and Suicide
- Bullying / Cyberbullying
- Self-Neglect and Hoarding
- Early Help
- Toxic Trio – understanding risk and causal factors.
Cost: £60. Booking details and application form will be circulated in June.