This three-hour workshop led by Trisha Bennett will focus on the governance role of trustees and management committee members. It is ideal for organisations which are just setting up and want to think about their governing document as well as those than want to review their constitution.
What we will cover:
- An overview of the governance role and the relationship between governance and operational responsibilities
- What are your charitable purposes and how do you demonstrate charitable benefit?
- The pros and cons of being a membership organisation
- An outline of the officer roles, how they a can be chosen or elected and exploring potential conflicts of interest
- Making the most of board meetings and what information trustees will need to carry out their duties of compliance, prudence and care
- The purpose of AGMs and how to maximise their value for the organisation.
Course administration fee £20, or £25 for groups outside Wokingham Borough.