This full-day course provides a comprehensive overview of housing law, tenants’ rights, and homelessness. It covers the following:
- Establishing a client’s status
- Rights and responsibilities
- Landlord’s rights and responsibilities
- Grounds for possession
- Excluded occupiers, squatters and travellers.
- Issues surrounding eligibility
- Duties of local authorities
- Appeals and prevention of homelessness.
The course is delivered at our offices on Minster Street by one of our experienced trainers. As a trusted and established training service Citizens Advice Reading Training Services has been offering courses to a wide range of organisations for over 10 years, particularly to front line workers and their managers.
Cost per delegate: £90 (charities), £110 (statutory), £160 (commercial), with discounts for multiple bookings. Fees cover training, support materials and tea and coffee.
We also offer tailored and in-house courses for organisations if you would like a group to be trained either at your premises or at ours. Do contact us for further details.