The training you provide to your volunteer befrienders needs to be relevant, engaging and dynamic for it to be effective. A trainer must have the skills to design and deliver appropriate training and also to inspire and motivate their participants. The aim of this Training for Trainers module is to give you the all background information you need to develop these skills.
This module is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding for training your staff and volunteers. This event will give you an opportunity to explore:
- the general principles of successful learning methods
- the concept of individual learning styles and its implications for trainers
- frequent barriers to learning and strategies for overcoming them
- how to prepare and introduce a training session
- the purpose of icebreakers and energisers and principles for using them effectively
- facilitation and presentation skills in training delivery
- how to achieve the transfer of learning
- your own strengths and weaknesses, hopes and fears as a trainer
- the purpose and content of your befriender training programme
- the session planning skills required to put training content together effectively
- challenging situations in training and how to overcome them successfully
This is a full day event, running 9:30am – 4pm. Teas, coffees, fruit and biscuits will be provided but please bring your own lunch. The venue is just along the road from Kings Cross Station so easy access through multiple forms of public transport. Please see the venue link for directions.
Participants will recieve a certificate on completion. If you have any questions, please do not hesitiate to get in touch.