If you are new to the role of treasurer, have done it for a while but would like to be sure you’re doing the right thing, or would like to find out more about being a treasurer, then this course is for you. Chairs and other trustees also sometimes chose to attend this workshop.
• To build understanding of the role of a treasurer in a small voluntary organization
• To ensure the ability to deal with the specifics of the finances of a small voluntary organization
• To leave the workshop confident about the issues that are likely to face the treasurer of a small organization
• Understand your financial responsibilities as a trustee
• Understand the particular requirements for the accounts of a small voluntary organization
• Be aware of corporate governance issues facing small voluntary organisations
• Be ready to resolve issues with record keeping and know where to get help if you need it
• Be able to determine if your organization needs an audit or independent examination of accounts
Each delegate will be entitled to up to one hour’s post-course email and/or telephone support to follow up on the issues covered. The session is a Holy Brook Associates course and will be delivered by Rachel Eden ACMA, a qualified management accountant. An experienced course designer, she has been training staff, volunteers and partners since 2007. She is also a treasurer of a small Berkshire charity.