Children who have faced neglect, abuse or other adverse experiences in early childhood often fail to form secure attachments with adults and peers. As a result, they can find settling at school and learning really difficult. They will often exhibit a variety of behaviours which staff may find challenging.
This training will be delivered over two workshops and will go through the impact of trauma and insecure attachments on children as well as strategies to support them to feel safe, reduce pre-occupation, regulate emotions and focus on academic learning at school.
95% of professionals who attended our training last year said they would recommend it to others
- “Wonderful course – came out with a lot more knowledge than before. Would highly recommend it.”
- “Wow – I thought I knew a lot about attachment, but you have given me so much more. Really great. Thank you so much, just what we needed.”
Further information and booking
- Course dates 14 and 21 January 2021
- 11.30am – 1pm on each day
- Online – via Zoom
- Costs: £25 per person
- Book via the Parenting Special Children website here.
- Contact 07557 102623 or email@example.com if you have any queries.