Get Berkshire Active will host its next Sport & Physical Activity Network Forum on Wednesday 25 September at Bisham Abbey, near Marlow, with a focus on children and young people.
The network theme will be How do we encourage more young people in Berkshire to live active lives now and in the future? and will provide an opportunity to hear from experts in the field, as well as national and local examples of good practice.
We are pleased to announce that one of our guest speakers will be Matt Pearce, Head of Public Health and Wellbeing at West Berkshire Council, who will present a public health take on physical inactivity: Move More and Sit Less.
A representative of Sport England’s Children & Young People Team will provide an overview of the Active Lives Data nationally and for Berkshire and insight into how a better understanding of children and young people’s attitudes to physical activity and sport can help shape delivery in Berkshire, with particular focus on the 30 minutes outside of school.
In addition there will be plenty of chance to network and develop connections. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
A fuller agenda will be sent out nearer the time, but broad timings will be as follows:
- 9.30am: arrival, refreshments and networking
- 10am – 1pm: network meeting
- 1pm – 2.15pm: lunch and networking
- To book a place please use this link.
- Please note when booking you will be asked to provide a brief overview of your organisation and any key messages you would like to promote (this will be included in the delegate pack along with your name, organisation and email to aid with networking).