All staff or volunteers whose work gets them involved in recruitment or selection of workers or volunteers involved with children and young people in whatever circumstances. Attendees must have completed Universal Safeguarding Children Training before attending this course.
Aims & Outcomes:
- Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people.
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting.
- Help participants begin to review their own and their organisations’ policies and practices in recruitment with a view to making them safer.
- The scale of the problem.
- What is child abuse?
- Prevention of abuse through recruitment/selection.
- An ongoing safeguarding culture.