This Safer Recruitment training course is part of our Safeguarding Children training programme.
The course costs just £32.50 per person, including all course materials. Places are limited to 12 people per courses, with a maximum of 2 per organisation.
- All staff or volunteers involved in recruitment or selection of workers or volunteers working with children and young people, in whatever circumstances. Attendees must have completed Universal Safeguarding Children Training before attending this course.
Aims and outcomes:
- Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Help participants begin to review their own and their organisations’ policies and practices in recruitment with a view to making them safer.
- The scale of the problem
- What is child abuse?
- Prevention of abuse through recruitment and selection
- An ongoing safeguarding culture.
Registration at www.rcvys.org.uk/event/safer-recruitment-training-9/.