All voluntary and community groups have a duty to keep their service users safe from harm. As most charities and community groups run through the hard work and dedication of volunteers with little or no paid staff, it is important that volunteers receive basic safeguarding training.
RVA are hosting this mini workshop, which has been designed with volunteers of community groups in mind.
By the end of the course volunteers will be able to:
- Describe circumstances that can make adults vulnerable to abuse
- Recognise possible indicators of abuse
- Respond in line with the safeguarding procedures if abuse is found or suspected
- Report and record appropriately
- Recognise your duty of care to safeguard adults
- Understand the importance of professional boundaries and the consequences of breach.
This course will be held at The Weller Centre, 110 Amersham Road, Caversham, Reading, RG4 5NA.
The course is free but please register to confirm your place.
If you are unable to attend, please cancel within 5 working days to enable someone else to attend.