All voluntary and community groups have a duty to keep their service users safe from harm. This training is for anyone who works or volunteers for a community group or charity in Reading where services are delivered to adults or where staff or volunteers might come into contact with adults who may be at risk of abuse. This incorporates all services to adults, for example if you volunteer at or help run a lunch club, befriending service, peer support session, group sessions or 1:1 advice sessions etc.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe circumstances that can make adults vulnerable to abuse
- Recognise possible indicators of abuse
- Respond in line with the safeguarding procedures if abuse is found or suspected
- Report and record appropriately
- Recognise your duty of care to safeguard adults
- Understand the importance of professional boundaries and the consequences of breach.
The course includes refreshments and printed materials.