Reading Voluntary Action is delighted to be working with Ethical Reading, Reading UK, Connect Reading and the Reading Climate Change Partnership in organising this summit.
Our collective ambition is to start a conversation as we come out of the recession post Covid-19, to inform the strategy of key businesses and organisations in the Reading area and in doing so #RebootReading. The purpose of this summit is to share ideas of key public and private sector leaders on what we can do to aid Reading’s recovery. It’s about the economy – but not as we have known it!
The focus is on the decisions and actions public and private sector organisations can make, as employers and as members of the wider Reading community. To that end, we have put together an agenda designed to stimulate discussion and generate ideas for tangible projects that help Reading’s recovery.
Why should you attend
- Because you care about Reading’s future, its people, communities, businesses, economy and environment.
- You want to share your views with other leaders in the town and influence organisations setting out plans and projects to get Reading to bounce back quicker, but in a more inclusive, smarter and more sustainable way.
Several business and civic leaders will be joining us including:
- Professor Robert van der Noort, Vice Chancellor of the University of Reading
- Adam Jacobs, Owner of Jacobs the Jewellers & Chair of Reading UK CIC
- Councillor Tony Page, Deputy Leader, Reading Borough Council
- Councillor, Karen Rowland, Lead Member for Culture Heritage and Recreation, Reading Borough Council
This is an invitation only event so remember to book your place early! The summit will be held via Zoom and booking is via Eventbrite.
Before the Summit, you will receive a survey to capture both issues and opportunities relevant to Reading and the wider Thames Valley. This will be used to identify a topic for one of the breakout sessions so please do complete it. The running order is as follows:
- Join us for a virtual coffee and take part in the poll.
- Welcome and introduction.
- Short briefing’s on young peoples’ view of Reading, the Reading economy and climate change priorities.
- Breakout discussions on the above.
- Identification of key themes and next steps.
- Wrap up and close.
Key points will be captured and shared them in the chat window during the event and circulated afterwards. After the summit, we will work together with other organisations in the Reading area to carry forward key actions.