Ready Friends is a new project set up to promote befriending in Reading. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer befriender then we’d love to see you at afternoon tea in Reading Central Library on Tuesday 7th June, from 2pm-5pm.
This is an informal event for anyone who wants to find out more about:
- Befriending services in Reading working to reduce the isolation of older people, families, and those with long-term health conditions or disabilities.
- Opportunities to volunteer.
- The benefits of befriending.
- Other volunteers’ experiences of befriending.
- Training available for volunteers.
Ready Friends Afternoon Tea is being hosted as part of National Volunteers’ Week 2016 and we hope to see you there.