Reading Green Fest is a one day community festival celebrating everything sustainable and environmental in Reading taking place alongside Reading Water Fest on 11 June from 11am to 5pm. Come along to the Town Hall square and St Laurence’s church for fun activities for all ages, and a chance to find out what’s going on near you and how to get involved!
There will be pedal generators for kids of all ages, a life size “corporate monopoly” game, and activities from local groups including Berkshire Greenpeace, Reading Friends of the Earth, Transition Town Reading, Reading Food Growing Network and more.
Workshops will be running throughout the day including Love Food Hate Waste, weaving with recycled materials (Crafted Waste) and discussions about local issues.
- 11-11.40am Compassion in World Farming
- 12noon – 1pm Weaving with recycled materials by Crafted Waste
- 2 – 2.20pm Love Food Hate Waste by RFGN and Food4Families
- 2.30 – 2.50pm Reading Sustainability Centre and Reading Hydro Scheme update
- 3 – 3.20pm Smart M4 by Reading Friends of the Earth
- 3.30 – 3.50pm Smart and Sustainable Reading 2050: An Overview by Prof. Tim Dixon, University of Reading
- 4 – 4.20pm Damp and draught proofing your home by DraughtBusters
Tasty vegan food from Roots Food pop-up cafe will be served in St Laurence’s along with short films such as “Where’s Reading Heading” and “Local Food Roots”.
This event is brought to you by Transition Town Reading in collaboration with RBC, Reading UK CIC and a range of local groups from across Reading.
Any organisation that has an environmental message is invited to have a stall at the event. We are also recruiting volunteers to help on the day. If interested, get in touch at email@example.com