RAN’s fifth advice forum will explore Universal Credit – six months in
Representatives from Job Centre Plus and the Department for Work and Pensions, as well as from Reading Borough Council, will be speaking about Universal Credit, its operation and its impact. We will also have the views and voices of vulnerable and digitally excluded clients from one of RAN’s Member organisations. We have invited MPs from both Reading constituencies.
RAN welcomes attendance and contributions to the discussion from I&A agencies and other Voluntary Sector and Public Sector bodies working with clients/service users who are dealing with Universal Credit.
Our free Forum is open to non-Members.
The Forum will follow the usual pattern (which has proven popular):
- 09:15 Refreshments
- 09.:30 Welcome and introduction to the Forum – Richard Harrison (Chair, RAN)
- 09:35 ‘Universal Credit rollout – Reading 6 months in’ – Shabana Mahmood (DWP) and Dorothy Bugeja (Job Centre Plus)
- 09:55 ‘Universal Credit rollout – Reading Borough Council’s perspective’ – Andy Donachie (RBC) and Jamie Webb (RBC)
- 10:15 ‘Universal Credit rollout – the experience of the vulnerable & digitally excluded’ – Francesca Yates (CEO, CommuniCare)
- 10:35 Short break
- 10:40 Plenary session – questions to the speakers and participant contributions
- 11:25 Closing session – completing feedback questionnaires
Topic suggestions for next RAN Forum, due 26th September, which is also our AGM
- 11:30 Close
For more details, and to book your free place, please contact Margaret Osborne by emailing email@example.com.