RVA is partnering with Reading Advice Network (RAN) to deliver this one day workshop for advice-giving organisations in Reading to enable those in leadership positions in RAN member, or potential member, organisations to:
- Understand the key factors that produce a quality service, as defined by the RAN Quality Standard
- Know the key elements in each of these factors
- Be able to identify any gaps or weaknesses in their organisation’s existing service
- Have practical tools with which to tackle any identified gaps
- Be confident that they know what their organisation has to do to be able to meet the RAN Quality Standard.
- An introduction to the RAN Quality Standard
- The people you need to deliver a quality service – their recruitment, role descriptions, induction, training and development, and supervision
- The policies that need to be in place – confidentiality, complaints, data protection, etc
- The practices that need to be in place – customer service, signposting and referrals, recording enquiries and cases, feedback and evaluation, etc
- The boundaries and procedures that need to be in place for giving advice and doing casework
- The Quality Standard assessment process and what to expect
Who is the workshop for?
Advice-giving organisations in Reading who are members of RAN or wish to become a member and to work towards the RAN Quality Mark. You can find out about RAN membership here and the RAN Quality Award here
This workshop will be delivered by the RVA Advice Worker, Herjeet Randhawa. Herjeet also leads on the Safe and Sound Quality Award and provides organisations in Reading with governance and legal support. The workshop will include practical exercises and lessons learnt from peer organisations, as well as guidance from the RAN Quality Assessor, Sarah del Tufo, on the assessment process itself.
To book your space, click the link below. Places are limited to 1 person per organisation. There is no cost but your organisation must be an advice giving organisation based in Reading that is either a RAN member or potential member.
If you have any queries, please contact Herjeet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0118 9372104