Would you like to better manage your mental health and wellbeing? Would you like to be part of a supportive group, facilitated by peer supporters? Berkshire West Your Way’s self-management groups are facilitated by peer supporters who have lived experience of mental health issues and look at skills and strategies for managing mental health and wellbeing. Within the group we look at:
- What is self-management?
- Identifying triggers and warning signs
- Creating helpful cycles
- Setting your own realistic and achievable goals
- Developing problem solving skills
- Building personal resource toolkits
What do people say who have attended the group?
“I have really enjoyed the social interaction and meeting new people.”
“Insightful, interesting and useful.”
“Really enjoyed all the shared stories and resources.”
“As a group we have identified various strategies to practice self-care and manage our own health.”
“A good reminder of what I already do and some new ideas to take away.”
The sessions run from 10am to 1pm on Fridays:
- 7 February – Introduction to Self Management
- 14 February – Goal setting, quick wins and toolkits
- 21 February – Problem solving and being kinder to ourselves
- 28 February – Helpful resources and what next…
If you have any questions or are interested in booking a place please call Carole Connolly, Peer Support Co-ordinator on 0118 966 0240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.