THIS EVENT IS NOW CANCELLED. If interested in future dates, please email email@example.com
A new introductory mental health awareness course to enable you to work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems.
The session will cover:
- What is mental health and types of mental health issues.
- The discrimination surrounding mental health.
- How to support people with mental health problems.
- How to promote positive mental health.
- Ways of looking after your own mental health.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
- define mental health & some mental health problems
- relate to people’s experiences
- help support people with mental health problems
- begin developing a business case for promoting positive mental health in the workplace
- look after their own mental health
Following the course, participants will receive an Adult MHFA Lite manual that you can take away with you at the end of the session and an attendance certificate from MHFA England.
This course is heavily subsidised and would usually cost £75 per participant. Please ensure you are able to attend if you book a place, or give as much notice as possible so we can make the place available to someone else if not.
The subsidised cost of the course is £30.
Volunteer befrienders get a further 50% reduction (£15) on this price due to funding to develop the capacity and skills within befriending organisations. Befriending organisations have a code to utilise the discount. If you think you are eligible but don’t have the code, please get in touch.