This free course is aimed at staff and volunteers supporting people through financial difficulty across Berkshire (West Berks, Bracknell, Reading, Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead and Wokingham). Places are limited so early booking is advised. The course is basic mental health awareness with the following learning outcomes:
- Define mental health and some mental health issues.
- Understand factors that affect mental health.
- Identify the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health.
- Feel more confident about starting mental health conversations.
- Understand how to look after your own mental health.
- This course is not suitable for people who have already have prior experience and knowledge on mental health.
- For more information and to book please contact Shaheen Kausar on 07923 138730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This free course is funded by Health Education England.
- The deadline to book a place is Friday 19 February 2021 at 3pm.
- The course will be delivered online via zoom on Wednesday 3 March and Thursday 4 March from 10:30 to 1pm.
- Attendance on both days is compulsory for the certificate.