A one-day course for people in the voluntary sector and community groups. This qualification will benefit anyone working in a situation where food is prepared, cooked and served; it is relevant to all catering operations. Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- The terminology used in food safety.
- Legislation relating to food businesses and food handlers.
- Food hazards and containing the risk of food poisoning.
- Product and equipment temperatures.
- Minimising bacterial multiplication.
- The importance of high temperatures in the supply of safe food.
- That food handlers can pose a risk to food safety.
- Appropriate storage conditions for different foods.
- The importance of cleaning in food premises.
- The need for high standards for structure and equipment to promote good hygiene in food premises.
There is an examination at the end of the course and certificates will be issued to all who pass within 6 weeks of the course date.
- Fee: £50
- Booking is essential. Phone 0118 921 0555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Earley Crescent Resource Centre is on the 21 Bus route from Reading – the stop is Beech Lane.
- Please note that photo ID is required to sit the examination.