A one-day course for people in the voluntary sector and community groups.
This qualification will benefit anyone working in a situation where food is prepared, cooked and served. It is relevant to all catering operations.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- the terminology used in food safety
- legislation relating to food businesses and food handlers
- food hazards and containing the risk of food poisoning
- product and equipment temperatures
- minimising bacterial multiplication
- the importance of high temperatures in the supply of safe food
- that food handlers can pose a risk to food safety
- appropriate storage conditions for different foods
- the importance of cleaning in food premises
- the need for high standards for structure & equipment to promote good hygiene in food premises
There is an examination at the end of the course and certificates will be issued to all who pass within 6 weeks of the course date.
Booking is essential. Phone 0118 921 0555 or email@example.com
The Earley Crescent Resource Centre is on the 21 Bus route from Reading – the stop is Beech Lane.
Please note, that photo ID is required to sit the examination.