A one day course for people in the voluntary sector and community groups. This qualification will benefit anyone working in a situation where food is prepared, cooked and served; it is relevant to all catering operations. Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- The terminology used in food safety.
- Legislation relating to food businesses and food handlers.
- Food hazards and containing the risk of food poisoning.
- Product and equipment temperatures.
- Minimising bacterial multiplication.
- The importance of high temperatures in the supply of safe food.
- That food handlers can pose a risk to food safety.
- Appropriate storage conditions for different foods.
- The importance of cleaning in food premises.
- The need for high standards for structure & equipment to promote good hygiene in food premises.
- Fee: £50
- Booking is essential. Phone 0118 921 0555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is an examination at the end of the course and certificates will be issued to all who pass within 6 weeks of the course date.
- Please note, that photo ID is required to sit the examination.
- The Earley Crescent Resource Centre is on the 21 Bus route from Reading – the stop is Beech Lane.