The Reading Troubled Families Board will be launching the Innovation Fund at 10am on the Third Floor at Central Library.
The fund will open for applications for up to £15,000 from Reading voluntary and community organisations.
A key principle that Reading must demonstrate as part of Phase Two of the Troubled Families (TF) Programme is how the programme is being used as a catalyst for change and transforming services: Troubled Families Outcome Plan
As part of Reading’s approach to deliver this is to use the reward funding from the TF programme as an innovation fund that will enable the voluntary and community sector (VCS) to support delivery of Readings TF Outcomes Plan.
In addition to supporting the delivery of the overarching outcomes in the plan it will also be used as a means to transform service delivery for example requiring that services are provided in the context of the whole family rather than individual members of that family.
It will also provide a mechanism to enable Reading Borough Council (RBC) via the VCS service providers to respond to emerging needs and priorities in a more effective and timely manner than the more traditional public service providers.
In summary the Innovation Fund will:
- Build capacity in Reading communities in order support families to take their own action to make change.
- Build capacity in the VCS.
- Be a responsive resource that will be used to prevent issues from emerging or as a means of early intervention.
- Support breaking the cycle of intergenerational dysfunction and poor outcomes for families.
- Be a mechanism to make change, by introducing new methods, ideas or products to invest to save.
If you would like to book a place at the workshop on the 18th July – Book a place