This fun, energetic, free course introduces you to community organising. This whole day training event is facilitated by independent charity Community Council for Berkshire (CCB) and run by community organisers. It is supported by West Berkshire Council Adult Community Learning.
What is community organising?
When communities work together, the possibilities for positive change are endless. Community organising is the work of bringing people together to take action around their common concerns and overcome social injustice. Community organisers reach out and listen, connect and motivate people to build their collective power. When people are organised, communities get heard and power begins to shift creating real change for good.
What does the course cover?
This one-day course is an introduction to community organising as a process which can reach out and bring people together to form stronger relationships and develop community activities together. Community organisers do not do things on behalf of people but motivate and facilitate people to make small and powerful changes locally and for wider social change. During this course you will explore:
- What community organising is
- The importance of listening to build relationships and uncover issues
- Power in communities and why it matters
- How to motivate people to take action
- How to take your next steps in community organising and social action.
- This course is FREE to attend but places are limited so we will charge a £10 administration fee if you fail to attend the course. To book your place please complete this form.
- Refreshments and sandwich lunch will be provided.