We would like to invite you to attend an Interfaith Week Reception event at Reading Friends Meeting House.
Interfaith Week 2017 will take place from 12 to 19 November. We hope that the reception will help build good relationships and working partnerships between people of different faiths and beliefs and increase awareness of the different and distinct faith communities in Reading.
Agenda for the event:
- Welcome Speech by The Right Worshipful the Mayor of Reading Councillor Rose Williams
- Speech by Mr Matt Rodda MP
- Speech by Chief Inspector & Deputy LPA Commander Emma Burroughs
- Short performances by the faith communities in Reading
- Short presentation about the Dialogue Society and Noah’s Pudding
- Comments, questions & answers.
Noah’s Pudding will be served as the refreshment of the event after the speeches. Traditionally during the Muslim Festival of Ashura this special dessert is prepared and shared with neighbours. It symbolises the food that Prophet Noah made at the end of the flood.
We would be honoured to have your presence at the event, and would like to extend the invitation to your family.