As part of our regular Funder Presentations and Surgeries, RVA are partnering with Berkshire Community Foundation, The National Lottery Community, the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Arts Council. This event starts with a general presentation from the funders on their current funding streams at 10:15 – 11:15 followed by tea and coffee – please book in advance via Eventbrite. Following this there is the opportunity to have a 1:1 session with the funders. Please book your slot in advance through the links below.
Who should attend
- The presentation and surgeries are for groups and charities based in Reading who already have some experience in applying for funding.
- At your 1:1 you will have the have the opportunity to canvas your idea. Please note that the funders cannot help you fill in the application form, but will give you general guidance and tips on applying for funding with them.
- Please note: if you are a small group and need help with making funding applications, you might prefer to attend Funding Club coming in March 2020, which will give you assistance with getting ready for funding.
The funders and guidance
The National Lottery Community Fund
Berkshire Community Foundation (BCF)
The grant funding available at the time of this surgery will relate to the summer funding rounds provided through BCF. Please visit their website for more details.
You can also use this appointment more generally to learn about future core funding rounds that will open later in the year so that you can prepare in advance and identify whether this is for you.
The Heritage Lottery Fund
They fund a broad range of projects that connect people and communities to the national, regional and local heritage of the UK. Further details are available on their website.
The Arts Council
Funding available from £1000 – £100,000 for projects relating to music, theatre, dance, visual arts, lterature, combined arts, museums and library arts projects.
How to book
- Please book for the presentation and 1:1 slots separately through the links below.
- You are welcome to book an appointment with each funder and the funders might in fact suggest your project is more suited to one of the other funders.
- This event is limited to Reading based charities and community groups. More than one person may attend the session, but please only book one session per organisation. Please select your preferred slot from the drop-down list when you ‘register’.
- If you do not provide services in Reading, please do not book a space but you are welcome to contact us to be added to the waiting list in the event a slot becomes available.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel as soon as possible to enable someone else to have your space.