Funding Club is a monthly forum hosted by RVA for those who are new to making funding applications or need a refresher. It will run from March to July 2020, with a different focus each month.
We recommend you attend all the sessions if possible to get the most out of Funding Club, as each session will build on the previous session. By the end of the series, you will have learnt what is needed when applying for small pots of funding (anything from £100 up to a maximum of £10,000).
You will most likely have some tasks to do in between sessions so that you can practically apply what you have learnt to your own community group. Please therefore ensure that the person attending has good knowledge of the group – they will most likely be a committee member or a key volunteer.
Who it’s for
- Small, mostly volunteer-led community groups who are either new to applying for funding or would like to learn/refresh their basic skills.
- You might be a trustee or a volunteer for the community group. We suggest a maximum of two people from one organisation.
- These sessions are restricted to groups who are offering services or activities in Reading. If you do not deliver services or activities in Reading, please contact RVA in advance to see if space is available.
Themes for Funding Club sessions
- Session 1 (19 March 2020) Getting started: Your project, budget and team
- Session 2 (23 April 2020) Know your funder
- Session 3 (19 May 2020) Structuring your application
- Session 4 (11 June 2020) I.T. skills and online applications
- Session 5 (7 July 2020) Reporting and showing your impact
Book your place
Please book your place above for the 19 March 2020. Future sessions will go live for booking nearer the time. Priority will be given to those who can attend all of the sessions but you are welcome to attend just one session if you cannot attend all.