Reading volunteers and service coordinators who help local people reduce loneliness and social isolation are warmly invited to a free evening event at The Crowne Plaza on 1 November from 5.30 to 9pm.
Join us as our guest to:
- Celebrate and highlight the fantastic contribution of Reading’s volunteers in reducing loneliness and social isolation.
- Hear from fellow volunteers and the people they support, about the range of exciting activities people are involved in.
- Learn from each other about the practical experience of being a friendship volunteer.
The event will help raise awareness in Reading of the benefits of friendship volunteering and support local groups to recruit new volunteers. We will be filming at the event, including interviewing volunteers, for a forthcoming promotional film that all community groups can use in recruitment campaigns. If you, or someone you know at the event, would like to be interviewed, please get in touch with Rhiannon at RVA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on this link for the invitation for you to send to your volunteers.
- They could be befrienders, buddies or community drivers or they could help out at a social or a lunch club, or maybe they host a chatty table in a cafe or help with gardening or crafting sessions. Whatever they do to take action on loneliness and social isolation as a volunteer, they are very welcome to join us. And everyone gets to take home a goody bag!
- Please note that tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis and each organisation has been allocated 3 tickets for volunteers and 1 for a staff member who coordinates their activity. Book soon!
- If any volunteers are unable to book online, please would you kindly book their ticket for them.
Type of event
1 November 2019
Address line 1