Citizens Advice Reading are offering free energy training sessions available by arrangement
- Front line staff working or coming into contact with people who are at risk of living in cold homes
- Organisations who would benefit from being better informed about Fuel Poverty and have clearer referral routes
- Community groups who want to know how to pay less, use less and claim all benefits and discounts available
To help identify those most at risk from the cold and provide basic advice about what householders can do to protect themselves.
- Health impacts of cold, damp homes and groups most at risk
- Low cost measures to help keep the home warm
- How to get the best energy deal through switching
- Pre-payment meters, problems and how to help
- Grants, benefits and additional support available
Duration and format
The training can be adapted to the needs of the audience.
- 30 mins for basic overview of energy issues for referrer groups
- 1-2hrs for frontline workers, who can then deliver advice
- 30mins-1hr for community groups and consumers
Where possible the training will be delivered in the workplace, setting or meeting place of the organisation or group. Duration will depend on how much detail the organisation requires.
Training sessions can be delivered as formal presentations, short group talks, information sessions for volunteers, energy bingo or quizzes for consumer groups requiring an informal approach.
All training is provided free through STEP (Solutions to Tackle Energy Poverty)