This is a 4½ hour third-party accredited (ISO 9001:2008) Fire Warden course led by Andrew Dickson, who has over 15 years of fire management experience. The course is designed to give candidates an understanding of what the role of Fire Warden consists of and what areas need to be assessed.
The theoretical basis of the course will be 3 hours in duration and will include the following elements:
- Quick assessment of company policies and procedures
- Introduction to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Overview of fire risk assessment process
- Theory of fire
- Fire spread and compartmentalisation
- Common causes and prevention of fire
- Good housekeeping
- Maintaining a means of detecting fire and of raising the alarm
- Maintaining a means of escape
- Inspection and safe use of extinguishers
- Actions to be carried upon discovery of fire
- Actions to be carried upon hearing the alarm
- The evacuation process including provision for those needing assistance.
An additional hour will be used for candidate participation and workshops.
12:30 pm start with registration at 12:15.
Course administration fee £20, or £25 for groups outside Wokingham Borough. Please be aware that there is a cancellation fee of £20 if less than 5 working days’ notice is given for any cancellations.