This enjoyable and interactive session is suitable for professionals, autistic people and their families and friends, and the general public. It offers an overview of the autism constellation and explores what autism (including Asperger’s Syndrome) feels like from the inside and looks like from the outside. We will examine the range of possible autistic traits and how they might affect individuals.
The session offers clear explanations of the ways in which autistic brains can be atypical as well as plenty of opportunities for discussion and questions.
The session covers:
- An overview of the autism constellation
- How and why autistic people experience emotions and communicate atypically
- How and why autistic people respond to information in unusual ways.
- The issues autistic people might have with flexibility and organisation
- Reasons why autism is often not identified
- Exercises to give a taste of how autism is experienced by autistic people and Q & A