Multi-agency training for staff across Reading in the local authority, health services, education, police, probation, drug and alcohol services, and the voluntary and independent sector. The aim is to provide delegates with an awareness of domestic abuse.
By the end of the course delegates will have an understanding of:
- what domestic abuse is
- effects and impact of domestic abuse on victims
- possible indicators of domestic abuse
- effects and impact of domestic abuse on children and young people
- the legal framework
- how different agencies work together to respond to domestic abuse
- DASH (Domestic abuse, stalking and harassment risk assessment) form
- resources and support available
The training will be delivered by Berkshire Women’s Aid and is free to attend.