This is multi-agency training for staff/volunteers across Reading in the local authority, health services, education, police, probation, drug and alcohol services and the voluntary and independent sector. The course aims to provide delegates with awareness of domestic abuse and to develop skills and knowledge to apply in practice. The course will cover:
- What domestic abuse is and how might someone present who is experiencing abuse.
- Stages of coercive control.
- Domestic abuse during the pandemic, challenges and safely asking the question.
- Overview of DASH (Domestic abuse, stalking and harassment risk assessment) and MARAC (multi-agency risk assessment conference).
Further information and booking
- This training is free to attend. Non-attendance will be charged in line with RBC’s cancellation policy.
- If you are not an employee of RBC or Brighter Futures for Children book your place by completing the training application form found here.
- RBC and Brighter Futures for Children staff should book via Itrent Employee Self Service.