Stepping Forward is delighted to announce its first training workshop with Disability Rights UK to take place on Wednesday 18 July at RISC, London St, Reading.
The Disability Confident Course is run by a trainer with lived experience of disability and many years experience of delivering training courses. The one day course will run from 10 am to 4 pm and is targeted at anyone wanting to increase their awareness of disability issues or gain more confidence working with and supporting disabled colleagues or customers.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the difference between the medical and social models of disability.
- Approach and assist disabled customers or clients with confidence.
- Identify potential barriers disabled people face and potential solutions.
- Understand disability legislation, including the Equality Act, to a basic level.
- the definition of disability and the different models
- disability myths and misconceptions
- why disability matters
- making things fair: what the law says
- better communications
- the importance of language and avoiding assumptions
- sharing stories
£30 for voluntary sector organisations
£50 for businesses/LAs
This is a subsidised course made possible with a grant from People’s Postcode Lottery; the course normally costs £110 plus VAT. We are pleased to be able to offer this at a greatly reduced rate.
Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to register for the training course. Invoices will be sent out upon registration.