RVA and Barnabas Fellowship of Churches are co-delivering this workshop for voluntary sector groups in Reading on the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS), previously CRB.
What will the workshop cover?
This is a practical workshop and you will have the opportunity to apply what you have learnt.
- Background and policy context
- Regulated Activity and the role
- Levels of DBS disclosure
- Completing the DBS form
- Organisational processes and the update service
- Working with individuals with unspent convictions
- Responsibilities and liabilities
- Help, support and advice available
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who works or volunteers for a voluntary and community group and is responsible for processing DBS checks, or supervises or manages others. It is also useful for Trustees and Managers of charity’s to gain an overview of the DBS system to inform their Safeguarding Procedures.
This course is primarily for Reading-based voluntary and community groups, however if your group operates outside this area feel free to contact us and we can place you on the waiting list; we will then let you know nearer the date if places are still available.