Over five days, from 15 to 19 January 2018, students will be introduced to key mediation concepts and will develop a set of skills, attitudes and knowledge about community mediation. The course will cover the following and enable you to:
• Explore the nature of conflict and understand people’s different responses to conflict
• Communicate clearly what mediation is and how it works
• Understand how people in dispute think, feel and behave
• Develop your self-awareness and self-confidence
• Deal with conflict more effectively
• Practice the skills being taught.
You will practice elements of community mediation through individual, pair, and group work and use role play exercises to gain confidence in your knowledge and understanding of mediation as a means of conflict resolution