6pm – 8pm
RVA are hosting a further Buildings Forum for Reading-based community and voluntary groups.
Community buildings are valuable places for local people to meet, do things together and receive services. Many groups are facing the impact of tighter budgets. RVA are therefore hosting a session to explore how your group can continue to flourish and maintain a community presence through sharing buildings. It is also an opportunity to meet other groups, share your experiences of works well and to receive resources and updates.
Theme for the Forum: You will receive updates on the available space in Reading, including: voluntary sector organisations wishing to share, public sector buildings such as libraries, community centres offering space, and empty business premises that could be utilised for charitable purposes. The presentation speakers will be confirmeed nearer the date.
There are many benefits of considering sharing a community building, such as:
- Ensuring Reading’s community and voluntary groups maintain a presence in the community
- Reduced running costs (as this could be shared with the organisation you partner with)
- Enabling you to stay in your current building / allow you to have a more ‘permanent’ base if you are looking for a building
- Reducing the need to hire out your rooms on a sessional basis, therefore less administration
- Enabling you to share the space with a like-minded charitable organisation/ creating a community hub
Who is the session appropriate for?
Organisations who meet all of the following:
- Reading-based community or voluntary group that has a constitution
- Have the funds to pay towards the venue
- Require a venue for a minimum of 10 hours per week to full-time usage
If you are unable to attend, please cancel within 5 working days to enable someone else to attend. By booking a place on this forum, your organisation is agreeing to pay £50 per place for non-attendance or late cancellation.