Caring for Your Future our online events on Thursday 26 November and Friday 27 2020
Adult carers, young carers and families are all welcome to join us!
Thursday 26 November: virtual sessions
Marie Quinn from M2M Solicitor’s will be discussing the following topics:
- 11.00 – 11.30am: Employment rights, including flexible working and reasonable adjustments.
- 11.30 – 12.00pm: Housing Benefit, including bedroom tax.
- 12.00 12.30pm: Tenancies, including assignment and succession.
- 12.30 – 1.00pm: Going to court and appointing a litigation friend.
2–3pm: Sham Baig, Team Manager, at the funding offices team will be discussing The Care Act
This will be a presentation covering Direct Payments and your rights to an assessment and what this entails. There will be an opportunity to ask questions but please note that Sham is unable to discuss individual cases.
3–4pm: Veronique Muhammad will be discussing digital resources available to carers
tal resources can help find targeted information, build networks of support, develop personal resilience and manage care more effectively.
Extra event added on Friday 27 November, due to popular demand. 10am–12pm: a Department of Work and Pensions presentation, delivered by Colin Morris
Colin is a Partner Advisor for the Department of Work and Pensions and has over 30 years of knowledge and experience. He will be covering topics including, furlough, redundancies, pensions, benefits and your rights as a carer.
- The virtual sessions are being managed by our Carers Hub in the Ealing area and will run on various online platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams (laptop/tablet/mobile with speaker & camera required)
- To book onto a virtual session, please contact us on 0118 324 7333 or alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.