*** Please note that the date has now been changed; this course will take place on Thursday 30 November ***
Whether you are a new organisation, have recently grown, changed committee members or are in the process of change this practical session will help you understand and improve your budgeting process. This will be useful to trustees, including chairs and treasurers as well as Chief Execs. The session highlights the key roles in setting and benefiting from a sound budget.
Aims of the workshop
- To build understanding of the importance of budgeting
- To build confidence and ability to build a budget
- To leave the workshop having started the work to ensure a sound budget for the coming financial year
Delegates are encouraged to bring along their current budget and/or financial information to work on but a model organisation will also be used as an example.
The content covered will be tailored depending on the needs of delegates on the day. However typically attendees will:
- Understand the basis on which budgets may be built
- Understand how to identify fixed and variable costs
- Be able to create a flexible budget
- Consider the impact of uncertainty, risk and contingencies
- Be able to explain their budget to key stakeholders
The workshop will be open to up to 8 delegates. Post course support is available with each organisation entitled to up to one hour’s post course email support to follow up issues covered on the course.
The training is at our reduced rate of £40