This is a one-day camp offering a mixture of practical activities, facilitated sessions and networking opportunities – it is a great way to dip your toe into our programme to see if it’s for you or an ideal follow-up event for Big Lunch Extras participants who live near Reading, or
We will be confirming the venue shortly.
Rachel Helsby explained her reasons for getting this going. “I have already been on a four day workshop at Eden project and found it inspirational. I’m working with others to set up the workshop in Reading on 4th October.”
Why not sign up to meet more community minded people and learn something new? If you enjoy it, you could think about attending the longer programme.
Find out more here – no obligation at all at this stage.
Each of our events is unique, as we like to make them as relevant as possible to the people coming, and many feature seasonal activities. Here’s what a typical event includes:
- Focussed workshops: Select from a menu of different themes to tailor your experience. These could include topics such as financing your project, spreading the word through social media, or how to create a green space…
- Practical activities: Ranging from outdoor play to community art, this selection of taster sessions offer ideas on how to best engage with the people in your own neighbourhood.
- Expert advice: A range of expert agencies will be there, so you can find out where you can get assistance and support to take your ideas forward.
- Networking sessions: An opportunity to meet like-minded people, establish new useful connections and get a different perspective on things. (There’s plenty of chances to do this during meal times, evening events and down time, too!)
- Practical resources: You’ll come away with a set of useful materials that will help support you once you’re back in your community